beatings of my heart

"fill your page with the beatings of your heart" --william wordsworth

3.08.2005

chemical reactions

I'm done with this infatuation stuff. Seriously. I hate it.

I hardly know this guy, but just being in his presence causes all kinds of strange things to happen. A glimpse of him starts my heart beating wildly. Being in him for an extended period of time makes my feet and hands sweat. Lovely, eh? This causes multiple problems related to shaking hands and walking in flip-flops.

This chemical reaction scares me to death. Why is it happening? Why does it only happen around him in particular? Why am I so out of control?

However, the reactions are not merely detrimental. I also have an amazing feeling of happiness and peace after a conversation. I can't stop smiling for hours and hours, and weeks later I still find myself smiling occasionally upon remembering.

Love may not only be a chemical reaction, but it certainly is aided by it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of you heart.

March 18, 2005 at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home